- Paucity or richness of vocabulary
- Range of vocabulary in ordinary use
- Receptivity to loan words
- Elaboration of vocabulary in particular directions
- Special vocabularies (e.g., sacred words, slang, legal language, technical words, occupational jargon)
- Words and phrases with strong emotional connotations; etc.
- Place names 103
- Glossaries of native words frequently used in descriptive accounts 104
- Personal names 651
- Kinship terms 601
- Numerals 802
- Native terms for plants and animals 824, 825
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.