- Differentiation in styles (e.g., conversational, narrative, rhetorical)
- Stylistic modifications in phonology, grammar, and vocabulary
- Styles typed according to sex, age, status, and social context
- Euphemisms and metaphorical usages
- Profanity; etc.
- Poetic, oratorical, dramatic, and song styles 53
- Social stratification 56
- Etiquette 576
- Word taboos 784
- Curses and incantations 789
- Obscenity 831
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.