- Patterned expressions of emotion (e.g., affection, aggression, derision, fear, disgust)
- Gestures of affirmation and negation
- Indications of size and shape; directive signs (e. g., beckoning, warning)
- Sign languages and their use (e.g., by the deaf, in intertribal communication); etc.
- Recreation gestures 52
- Gestures in dancing, drama, and oratory 53
- Nervous gestures 157
- Postures 516
- Humor 522
- Greetings and obeisances 576
- Numerical signs 802
- Ideas about facial reactions 827
- Suggestive gestures 832
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.