- Edible materials gathered (e.g., roots, fruits, seeds, seaweed, insects, honey, sap, syrup, eggs)
- Techniques and artifacts employed
- Economic importance of collecting
- Organization of activities
- Division of products
- Associated beliefs and practices; etc.
- Natural resources in fauna and flora 13
- Collection of marine fauna 226
- Collection of nonedible raw materials and salt 31
- Diet 262
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.