- Specialized cultivation of crops for their fibers (e.g., cotton, flax, hemp, jute)
- Techniques of planting and harvesting
- Use of specialized tools and equipment
- Separation of fibers (e.g., ginning)
- Organization of labor and production; etc.
- Textile manufactures 28
- Description of cotton gins and other 231
- Silk production special machinery 407
- Wool production 236
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.