- Techniques of manufacture (e.g., cutting, fitting, sewing)
- Special treatment of particular materials and products (e.g., shoemaking, hat manufacture)
- Decoration (e.g., embroidery)
- Use of special implements and apparatus (e.g., sewing machines)
- Specialization (e.g., dressmakers, tailors, cobblers, hatters); etc.
- Leather and textile industries 28
- Household sewing machines 404
- Factory buildings 348
- Decorative art 531
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.